Ronald Koeman was quite angry, as he took the blame for Everton’s 3-0 loss to Atalanta and has challenged his players to show more ‘aggression’ and ‘passion’.
Atalanta have been out of European competition for 26 years and dominated the first half to send Everton back to England with a sound beating.
Koeman shouldered the blame for the defeat, as the Toffees conceded all three goals in the first half and could not stage a comeback after the break.
“[Atalanta] showed more aggression, they showed more passion. And that is really painful, because in my opinion it starts with that and then you need quality on the ball,” Koeman told BT Sport.
“I asked myself what I am doing wrong, about the second half against Tottenham [a 3-0 defeat on Saturday] and the first half here. It is not the way I like to see my team. The commitment and the passion, what they showed in the first half was much bigger than what we showed.
“But once again it is not the time and the place to criticise the players. I need to criticise myself because the team was not prepared and that is a question for myself.
“The whole Atalanta team was much better prepared than us. Once again that is the manager.”
The post Koeman Shoulders Blame For Everton Loss appeared first on 360Nobs.com.
from LexxyTech Corporation http://ift.tt/2wsId8S

0 Comments