Alvaro Morata Makes Shock Tottenham Transfer Claim About Harry Kane

Alvaro Morata has dismissed Mauricio Pochettino’s claims he rejected a move to Spurs two years ago because he did not want to play second fiddle to Harry Kane.

After Alvaro Morata joined Chelsea from Real Madrid for £70m in July, Pochettino revealed he had a conversation with the striker about joining Spurs “two years ago or more”.

However, in an exclusive interview with Sky Sports, Morata said that Kane’s presence in the Spurs team played no factor in a move which failed to materialise.

“No it’s not true,” Morata said. “I spoke with him and he said he wanted both [of us] to play together, but there was no chance to come to Tottenham.

“For sure I would like to play with Kane, he’s a big player, one of the best strikers in the world, but in this moment when I spoke with him (Pochettino) there was no chance to leave Real Madrid.”

Morata arrived at Chelsea as Diego Costa’s replacement and he insists there is no bad blood between the two Spanish counterparts.

“He is a very good player and a good man too. I’m Diego’s friend and when I came here I knew that is was a big responsibility to replace him, but I’ve tried to do well,” Morata said.

“Always when we are together in the Spanish team, we talk about football and life. We talk about everything and I always say thanks to Diego.”

The post Alvaro Morata Makes Shock Tottenham Transfer Claim About Harry Kane appeared first on 360Nobs.com.





from LexxyTech Corporation http://ift.tt/2BXikBI

Post a Comment

0 Comments