Roy Hodgson Believes He’s A Very Good Manager

Roy Hodgson has defended his record in management after revealing he has already tried and failed to retire.

After a disappointing conclusion to his time with England at Euro 2016, Roy Hodgson has rebuilt his reputation at Crystal Palace by inspiring a team that were near-certainties for relegation when he was appointed in September to only one defeat in their past 11 games.

And, reflecting on his career, he said:

“I’ve been working for 41 years: I’ve got so many titles. I’ve been manager of the year, I’ve got goodness knows how many manager of the month awards.

“I’ve had 100-odd games for national teams and 150 in European competitions.”

“There have been moments when we (Hodgson and wife Sheila) have discussed retirement, mainly on the basis that she’s made a lot of sacrifices to do the thing that I want to do, namely football management.

“It’s given us both an extremely good life and we’re both grateful for that. There have been moments when we’ve thought, ‘Is this the moment to do something else?’. Well, we tried that for a year, and she came to the conclusion that she better let me back in for a little bit longer.”

The post Roy Hodgson Believes He’s A Very Good Manager appeared first on 360Nobs.com.





from LexxyTech Corporation http://ift.tt/2CSIWay

Post a Comment

0 Comments